The Cost of Poverty Experience offers participants a glimpse into the lives of low-income individuals and families living in our community – including the obstacles that are faced, the decisions that are made, and the consequences that impact these families every day.
What to Expect:
- COPE is a learning experience designed to transform your approach to poverty and equip you to help the materially poor without hurting them – or yourself.
- COPE was developed with low-income individuals who have shared their story so that participants can gain greater understanding.
The Cost of Poverty Experience will be a powerful learning experience for:
- Pastors, church and ministry leaders, and congregation members considering their role in helping the materially poor at home and abroad. It’s perfect for those doing summer missions.
- Churches and nonprofits looking for an opportunity to equip their volunteers, donors, and partners with a common approach to poverty.
- People seeking an effective framework to guide their giving.
- Lake Highlands residents wrestling with how to respond to issues of poverty in the neighborhood.
- Workers in education, healthcare, business, and other sectors seeking a deeper understanding of how to engage with poverty.
9015 Plano Rd
Dallas, TX 75238
Google map and directions